November 10, 2020 WDS Meeting & CE Course
Soft Tissue Management for the Implant Patient: Optimizing Esthetic
Results for the Restorative-Surgical Teams.
Dr. Bassam M. Kinaia D.D.S., M.S., D.I.C.O.I.
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology.
Diplomate, International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Director: Graduate Periodontics Program – University of Detroit Mercy
To achieve implant esthetics, preservation or reconstruction of the natural soft and hard tissue
architecture is the principal clinical objective. This webinar utilizes a periodontal perspective to
enhance peri-implant soft and hard tissues at three different time points: Pre, During and Postimplant
placement. The first time point discusses consequences of tooth loss, mucogingival
problems and treatment solutions for predictable dental implant placement. The second part
discusses pedicle soft tissue grafting procedures to enhance peri-implant tissues for esthetic
outcome. The third part explains peri-implant disease classifications and treatment modalities to
restore function and esthetics. Clinical cases are utilized to aid the clinician in evidence-based
decision making for successful and predictable treatment outcomes.
At the end of the Webinar, the participants will be able to:
• Understand consequences of tooth loss and rationale for ridge preservation.
• Identify peri-implant tissue deficiencies including gingival recession and alveolar ridge
• Recognize correct restorative and surgical sequencing for predictable esthetic outcomes.
• Select appropriate surgical techniques to augment alveolar ridge defects.
• Understand pathogenesis and risk factors affecting dental implants.
• Be familiar with non-surgical and surgical treatments for peri-implant diseases